Oil pressure sensor

Tony Hughes

Need to fit my Zetec oil pressure sensor - anyone know the socket type for the Ford blanking plug - T45 is too big.  I'm sure I've seen this on a recent thread somewhere ....

(And how the **** do you get at it with the engine in and body on - removing the alternator looks a likely route - some advice in the manual would have been useful!!;)

Thanks,

Tony

Had same problem a couple of weeks ago T40 does nicely. Managed o get sensor in and tightened without moving the alternator but knockles were slightly bashed up trying to get spanner in place.

Shame I didn't realise this had to be done before the engine went in would have been much easier.

From what I can remember there are two places where you can put in the Oil sender, both are a bit awkward to get to, but I found the second was possible to reach with the enigne in....  :)

6841.jpeg

Sorry its such a bad photo, but you can see the second position for the sender is not too close to the alternator, and easier to reach from under the car.