Zetec battery +ve cable

Tony Hughes

And for my second post of the day .....

Anyone got a suggested route (picture would be great) for the Zetec battery positive cable route from the starter on the RHS to the battery terminal at the front left - I was thinking of supporting it on the cross-member in front of the engine?

See you Warwickshire members at the Falcon on Thursday .....

Cheers,

Tony

Sorry no picture as I am at work but brought mine down the chassis side rail, across the rail in front of the engine and up the other side to the battery box. I used P clips to secure it and convoluted tubing to protect it.

HTH

TED

:):)

Thanks Ted, Sounds like what I had in mind.  Using the company resources to e-mail WSCC hey?  - me too!

Tony

I took the route detailed in the manual - follow the loom along the top chassis rail and then drop down to the battery box. However, I've seen other cars (KerryS's) that that take the route suggested by Ted, makes no difference really, other than once the bodywork is on, the loom route is far less accessible.

Paul

Couldn't see anything in my manual about this - hence the post!

Thanks for help,

Tony

Dsc00006.jpg  Not the best pic ever, but you can see bits of the red battery cable routed across the front cross member, then the right chassis rail to the starter.

Tony

See 21 November entry on my build diary site. My webmaster (aka daughter!;) has uploaded November pics now.

Kerry

Thanks Kerry et al ...

Got this job done on Sunday.

Tony