Westfield Megablade factory exhaust silencer

Daniel

Passed noise test for SVA no problem and most airfield and trackdays, but not all.

In good condition except small dink halfway along visable in photo. I will polish it up better still has my fingerprints all over it..

Also has a few drilled holes in the end of the tailpipe (also visable in photo) where an extra silencer was fitted on the end, to pass the noise test at Donnington.

Westfield price £215.91

Sell for £140

Pickup from Maidenhead, Berks or could post for £10

Also have heatshield for this, see other post!

26022006007.jpg26022006006.jpg

Daniel, Just interested to know what you are replacing the silencer with, a blade can possibly .I did try one on mine but didnt notice much difference???

The silencer was replaced with a slightly bigger one from Simpson race exhausts cost £275 second hand, it was from a Radical I think and it took 6 hours of chopping bodywork around to make it fit. They had a waiting list of months to make and fit a new one so had to use this one. I sold my Westie in October I was fitting this exhaust for the new owner as he wanted to do track days with harsh noise restrictions.

The Westfield silencer passed the noise test at Keevil when I did an airfield day there, it got 99dB @ 1m 3/4 revs

99db ?

I am planning on going to the Nurburgring with my Megablade.

Totally standard exhaust.

So is this what it gives out?

The Nurburgring has a noise limit of 95db.

However, Ben Lovejoys website says, not to rev the baws off it in the carpark & don't open it right up 'til you get past the bridge....... you should be OK.

Quote from his website:

"There is also a noise-limit of 95dB(A), so don't go there with a noisy can unless you have a quiet one with you and know how to reset the car/bike for the legal can. If you can't avoid exceeding the noise-limit, then make sure you bimble through the barriers and keep your revs low until you are past the bridge - many people get noise-tested because they rev their engine in the car-park or go haring off from the start"

???

Depends if that noise level limit is driveby or static, you might be fine, I didn't think the can was that loud really.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.