Caged widetrack bulk buy

scott beeland

The latest bulkbuy to hit the boardroom :cool:

The boys at "Caged" have been busy developing a widetrack front set up for the Westfield and it's now ready for sale. As such Phil has offered 8 sets on a bulk buy basis.

They are to be marketed under the "seismic" brand but are made by Caged.

Spec.

CGD 700 high tensile round tubing. 1.2 mm wall . 1"  tubing

50mm wider per side than std. track

Ball joint compatible

Powder coated

Includes top camber adjusters (in stainless)

Includes rack extensions

Enables use of existing shock absorbers

Weight (coated)

Lower 1.4 kg

Upper 650g

Suitable for use with metallastic/poly/nylon bushes (not supplied)

Bulk buy price £ 411.25 (ie £350 plus vat) to your door.

Put names below if you want to commit to the deal

Payment will be made directly to Caged and relevant details will be sent out once we have 8 confirmed orders .

6475.jpeg

6476.jpeg

6474.jpeg

Nice car. Could do with a lick of paint on the trackrods though.  :blush:

Finished off setting the car up yesterday and the camber adjusters are  :t-up:

They look pretty heavy duty to me Scott  ???

Look at the weights John. They're light.

The strength versus lightness battle has been addressed by using the cross bracing and reducing the size of the shock mount fotplate.

Tubing is way lighter than a big steel plate

I will be honest if I was in the market for wide track I think I would have to look very hard at the opposition to this as it looks very well made for the photos.

I've seen them in the flesh, and they are *very* well made indeed. As and when I wreck my wide track, I'll be speaking to Caged for the replacements... :t-up:

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

For anyone thinking about fitting widetrack as a winter upgrade later this year then I should have fitted the Caged (Siesmic) widetrack for Harewood.  You're all more than welcome to come and have a nose at it and see what you think.  Having visited the Caged factory, spoken face to face with Phil and heard good reports of their other products, then I am quite happy to pay a bit extra over some of the other ones.

I'll be in a BRG V8 which may still have No 42 on the sides (If I forget to take them off from this weekend).

Darren

which may still have No 42 on the sides

Remember to remove them or cover them over if you are driving the car on public highway  ;)  ;)  ;)

On a trailer is fine  ;) but as an MSA licence holder and member of an MSA club your race licence may be endorsed if caught and I think it may also affect your road licence  ???  ??? (not sure)  ;)

Shouln't affect yer road license as you can spec "herbie" numbers for the  new beetle as one of yer options

Just had another pm off someone going for the Caged kit....Go on...You know it makes sense

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.