engine tune

Stef

hi all i am wondering if any one knows of any one in the coventry area that can tune a cvh with ywin 40's it seams to me its running very rich, plugs ar sooty

cheers

Stef

When I had my cvh it was tuned by Northampton Motorsport to 136bhp and always gave the appearance of running rich ie. sooty plugs etc.

However you must bear in mind that the plugs only show signs of how the engine was running at the point it was stopped. So unless you stop it at full chat and then check the plugs it may not be a problem  ;)

If you want to get it checked out, then Northampton Motorsport are here

I had exactly the same problem.....

My car had been tuned by Northampton Motorsport (1600 CVH) before I took ownership. Plugs would soot up very badly within a day....

I had it re-tuned and they found it was running extreemly rich, the idel jets were changed, as was the mixture. Car nowproduces more hp, and uses 6mpg more. Car runs MUCH better........I'm not saying its NMS fault, they have a fantastic reputation......But my car was certainly happier not running so rich.

Good luck.

Paul.