Q395 NTM - Anyone know it?

matthew h

Afternoon

I am just looking at this car, and the last owner only had it for a short while - so alarm bells are ringing! I have no mechanical knowledge despite working for an automotive company - so a good look at the car won't get passed the excitment!

If anyone knows anything about it, I would appreciate it!

Thanks

Matthew

I take it its been a non-forum car previously then!

Went to see it again yesterday and the engine is in bits, what started as a rocker cover gasket is ending up as a recon job.......... Bad news for the garage, good news for me!

Matthew

So have you bought it  ???

If you give us some more info on the spec we might be able to advise how much / how difficult the work might be...

WESTFIELD  

Model  

Body type  SALOON  

Colour  BLACK  

Fuel type  PETROL  

Date manufactured  01 January 0001

Number of previous owners  6

Last owner change  31 January 2005

Odd that it is registered as a saloon.  

That is a lot of owners is a very short time

Here is the spec........................... They are rebuilding the bottom half - they say it will be a recon engine by the time they have finished, the only problem is it will need running in and therefore I can't see how fast it actually is! Thanks for the help!

1991 WESTFIELD SEI WIDE BODY 2.0i Pinto ( 148 BHP )Manual 5 speed, 15,000 miles. Full Detailed Service History,( 118 BHP At The Wheels ), Yellow Tub/Black Nose & Body, V8 Bonnet ( Not Shown On picture ), Westfield Sports Seats With Custom Harness Fixing, New Shocks All Round, New Cluth & Release Bearing, Team Dynamics Pro-Race 2 Wheels & Brand New Tyres All Round, Carbon Rear Lights, Westfiled Aero-Screen ( Brand New ), 2 Litre Pinto With Burton Stage 3 Clyinder Head, Kent FR32 Fast Road Camshaft, Kent Vernier Pulley, Custom Made Manifold, Twin 45 Dellarto Carbs, Huge Folder of Reciepts From New, All MOT'S from Mew, Mot Untill August 06 Tax Until Dec 05...

The data I gave was from the DVLA database ( via RAC database)

Stange that you say it is a 1991 but if true ( I'm sure it is ) then 6 owners isn't too bad.  

I would get some one else with a Westie to go with you for a look

so get along to a meet and chat to some folks

I wouldnt worry on the owners thing,I would take the car on face value,  lot of people will buy them and wont be their thing or love em and sell on and upgrade to a better spec..

I doubt it was really registered on 01/01/2001 as that would have been a Bank Holiday  :t-up:  6 owners in 14 years isn't that much actually, as Jeff says they either move on to faster ones or don't like it  :suspect:

Get someone who knows a Westfield to have a look at it as they should be able to tell quickly if it's been put together correctly and spot anything untoward  ;)

Thanks for the advice..............

So are there any owners around Chester that would have a look at it for beer..............

I doubt it was really registered on 01/01/2001 as that would have been a Bank Holiday  

;)

fU@k it....................

Got cash....................

Want car..............................

Hopefully it will be put back together today and I can start running it in tonight. Don't think I will be able to do 500 miles before sunday to get it on the track at Donnigton. So - hopefully see some of you there.

Matthew

;)

2 of my Q reg's had the same reg date on the rac thing something to do with indeterminable date of manufacture??