Keevil on Monday 3rd Oct

Daniel

Going to be my first airfield day in the Megablade, any other Westie's going? My car's for sale already if anyone wants to have a demo on the day..

I dont mean to be horrid, but you will be very lucky to pass the noise test at Keevil with a Megablade on the factory standard can.

:(

If theres anything you can do as a fallback/backup plan, do it!

p.s. Your car looks very nice!

Yeah it's going to be close but at the SVA mine measured 99dBA right at the exhaust at 7000rpm which is slightly less than 3/4 max rpm.

Keevil on Monday is 100dBA at 0.5m at 3/4 max rpm so I'm hoping to scrape through..

Any suggestions on making it quieter for the day just in case, other than putting a bike can on? Can't get hold of one tonight.

Cheers for comment on car it's going to hurt to sell it  :(

Just be very careful on how you get it to the required revs...

Build them up slowly rather than than just gunning it...

edit to add that the car looks lovely - unfortunately I already own it's identical sister... hope you get to have at least one blast in it. :t-up:

Yeah, like Felters says be very careful how you build the revs up and hold them steady. This is quite tricky to do with next to no flywheel and a knats tadger of movement on the accelerator.

I find it difficult to maintain a steady rpm and it's all too easy to rev higher than you need to in a sort of hunting. This will trip the meter!

Have a few practices before its your turn!

If you hit problems, you could go to Merlin Motorsport at Castle Coombe and they have a few bodge solutions for a price.

Takes the fun out of it :(

Me and Felters both have dustbin sized silencers to finally solve the problem! 92dba mine is!

Hope you have fun!