Derby & Notts Meeting

barney

Got the new car and the rain CANNOT be any harder than when I drove it home up the M1 yesterday - wipers at full speed but the car felt wonderful.

Very stable, never EVER driven in rain like that before, even in the tintop - couldn't see anything at all, worse than fog.

Car stayed wonderfully demisted considering, heater was excellent as were the wipers - they are quieter than my mk4 golf!!

So hopefully will be going tonight in the car...

Will

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• barney

• Major Stare

• jak

• KerryS

Top Posters In This Topic

10 Westys - until it started to rain :down:

Car looks good Will, lots of bits needed to make it pretty though :D

Kerry S

Only got a bit wet. The westfield is interesting (entertaining) in the rain.:devil:  Good night, though.

Will, the car looks good - I will let you have the pics of the cooling system at the weekend.

BTW, meant to ask - anyone interested in a karting event at Langar, near Bingham. I don't mind organising it if enough people are interested. PM me and let me know.

John

Wimped out and went home with the roof on - was very pleasant actually!

SWMBO said we could go out more in the rain if it was like that  :D

Hopefully I'll get the cooling sorted ASAP as I just hate running it like that... GRRRR

Good to see everyone and nice car Will, ive given the coast gaurd your number incase a lighthouse breaks down, those headlamps should do the trick ;)

When me Dave, Mick, Barney & Garry left it was pi$$ing it down........... oh the joys of a roof, wipers, heater, stereo etc etc

:p  :D  ;)

Rain was fine until the 40mph speed limit on the A38... Didn't even bother with using the hood :D

How successful was the crack WSCC quiz team then?

2nd place.......we wuz robbed!!:angry:

The jackpot round (where you loose all if one answer is wrong) we lost 12 points cuz we put red for Albino rabbits eyes, not pink.

Worst of all the prize for getting all the picture quiz correct was a gallon of beer!! and they marked us down cuz we put Anne Walker not Anna Walker...b*******.

The beer would have been good on the Xmas perty night!

Talking of which I have booked the big room upstairs at the Clock, Dec 3rd.

When Julie is back of holiday she will be collecting money. Watch for postings and the area web site.

Garry

With that level of intellect needed it's a good job I wasn't in the team - who's Anna Walker anyway :durr:

Kerry S

But you got close with Anne Walker so you must have some idea :bangshead:

Kerry S

PS We spoke of having a corner weighing session -  :0  - cars you fool :blush:  - perhaps do this in spring as number of cars coming will be limited now I should think?