Wiscombe

machin

Well, haven't recieved any news on the entry yet, but as its only just over a week away now was just wondering if anyone is camping at Wiscombe on the friday and where they will be staying  -are there any camp sites near by.

I may even have a bigger tent this time (anyone who saw the one I used at Llandow will know what I mean!;).

Attended a local area Rolling road shoot out at the weekend... 98bhp at the wheels!  Nice.  Well that's some excuse for Llandow anyway.......... maybe....... ???

...and a big dollop of slow driving!

Camp in the top paddock. Lots of folk do. Beware though, it *will* rain. I've been to Wiscombe 5 times, and it's only ever stayed dry once. And as for the sheep s**t... :bangshead:

Camp in the top paddock. Lots of folk do. Beware though, it *will* rain. I've been to Wiscombe 5 times, and it's only ever stayed dry once. And as for the sheep s**t... :bangshead:

Been to Wiscombe many times and only rained when Blatmans turned up  :p  tells it all.  :devil:  :D

Get back to work Seabrook :p

:p On holiday this week  :p  sad-smiley-023.gif first week off in two years

we'll be camping friday night in the top padock.

BLATMAN IS ANYONE GOING TO SORT A PUB OUT FOR FRIDAY NIGHT.   (UPPOTERY??????????)

:devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

BLATMAN IS ANYONE GOING TO SORT A PUB OUT FOR FRIDAY NIGHT.   (UPPOTERY??????????)

Wiscombe is pretty much in the middle of nowhere and miles from Upottery (you're probably thinking of Ottery St Mary which is about five miles to the west). The nearest towns with a decent selection of pubs are Honiton to the North and Sidmouth to the South West. I would go for Sidmouth which is approximately six miles from Wiscombe with Honiton about five miles.

BLATMAN IS ANYONE GOING TO SORT A PUB OUT FOR FRIDAY NIGHT.  

Which bit of

I'm not going this year..

is giving you trouble? :p:p:p

I shall be camping at Wiscombe this year. (The usual B&B is too expensive for just one).

Despite the well meaning geography lesson above: Yes we do mean the Sidmouth Arms in Upottery.... and yes, it's a few miles from Wiscombe, but the food is superb.

Shall I book a table chaps?

hi richard

yeah book a table at the sidmouth arms 3 people for us thanks.

ANY BODY ELSE COMING FOR GOOD FOOD????????????????????

:devil:  :devil:  :devil:

Has anyone received the entry yet?  If so am I on it (Richard Machin)?

Any ideas on how we book camping in the top paddock????

Machin

you don't need to book the camping,just turn up and camp were you like.

it's not exactly a camp site,it's a field at the top of a hill.

see you friday evening

:devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

OK, cool, Right next question(!;), Where exactly is it.... the final regs came yesterday but they don't have any directions in them.... anyone got a postcode for the place so I can get a multi-map to it?

Not sure what time I'll be arriving on friday... it could be quite late, depending on when (if?) my RAC rollbar turns up and I manage to get fitted -ordered it the monday following llandow and it still hasn't turned up (was told it'd be 2-3 weeks)....  Have been pestering Westfield and they say it should arrive at my place tomorrow/friday.... but then again last week they said it would be early this week....... before that they said it would be....... you get the picture......

See you all friday

Machiin

If this link works you should see Wiscombe at the centre.

Map

If it doesn't:

Wiscombe Park is in the midst of a triangle formed by the towns of Honiton, Seaford and Seaton.

Most of us apporach it from the A303, from which it is AA Sign-posted. However, from Southampton it may be easier to follow the A35 to Charmouth, then the A3052 along to Seaton.....

... but don't blame me if either route is chaos on a Friday night!