Wiring loom??

Sam

Hello,

Just a few questions about attaching the wiring loom to the chassis.

1. Can the wiring loom cross over brake and fuel lines and can it be run along the chassis rails adjacent to these.

Actually there is only one question.

Cheers

Sam

Well, I am just a newby myself, but I had to install a loom in my Westfield before I could drive it. I just made sure that there was some sort of extra padding between the harness, even though it is wrapped, and any metal points where I used a cable tie to secure it, so that the insullation does not get rubbed away due to chafing.

If this is not sufficient, I would be interested to hear.

Cheers,

Steve L in Germany

I ran my loom along the same chassis rails as my brake pipes, just make sure its well clipped and cover any open pos connections i.e on starter, alternator etc - watch for loose cables from front indicator pods up through the nose cone (common sva fail point) i used some sticky pad fixings on mine and be carefull to clip well near any moving parts i.e through the tunnel etc

Hope this helps :D

Has far as I know they must not cross brake/ fuel lines.They can run parallel provided there is sufficient space between them and are suitably insulated and secured correctly so that there is no chance of them touching each other.

Best plan is to keep the loom away from the brake and fuel pipes, also fix it to the chassis with loom sadles and cable ties. Where this is not possible (e.g where the cables cross the fuel tank to the sender unit use sticky pads).

On the long run down the right hand side of the engine compartment (from the brake master cylinder to the front cross member by the rad) you can if you take care mount the loom on the outside edge of the chassis top rail. This means that the loom is covered when the bodywork is in place making a far neater installation.