Buying A Westfield

GlynC

Sounds like you made a wise choice to me!

A wide body is, if memory serves, 1.5 inches wider in *each* cockpit seating area, and about 6 inches longer. I'd guess you be struggingly at 6'+ in a narrow.

Thanks mate

Will do

hasn't put me off I still want one!!!

I loved to build my own but am not home much with work so the thought of it lying in bits in the garage would drive me bonkers

Glyn

Sounds like a car best avoided - however you could fit in a narrow car. My first Westie was narrow car and I'm nearly 6'4" and generously proportioned (my view... SWMBO's is slightly more robust). Just a question of the right seats and roll bar.

However my other bit of guidance would be to not spend too little in the first place. Buying cheaply and then upgrading is satisfying but ultimately going to break the bank.

Not that any of us have ever fallen into that trap. Oh no. Never. Ever. :down:

Wise words from Felters. Buy the car ready to go and you'll save money in the long run, absolutely *no* question about it.

A few for sale at the moment .. here, pistonhead etc.

including mine as well :D:D

matched your spec (I would say that ;)  ) and I'm in no hurry to sell, so you could sell your other motor first! :)

Cheers

Martin

Would you fit, yes but with some persausion. I'm 5'2 and no problems at all :D

Have always recomended purchasing the car that best suits your needs, be it engine/trim/cost. So please seriously give this some thought and be honest about what you want the car to do. I've never taken this advice and I'm into my 6th Chassis now, and it has been an expensive route.

Pm or call if you need any help.

MArk

Hi Mark have pm'd you mate

On the good news front the other motor sold today so I am now in a much better position

Max spend is still in the 6K region but there seems to be a few nice ones about

Will have to see if my fat ar*e fits into a narrow body!!!

Might be a good reason to give the beer a miss!!

Saw loads of Westy's blatting around this weekend, made me very jealous!!!

There's an excellent car just come up for sale on here around the 6k mark. Zetec engine, loads of track bits.

Get in there and bite the guys arm off...

Andy