Help with mirrors

MooseRacer

I'm (trying) to change my screen, mount and mirrors to black items but rather embarassingly have become stumped  :bangshead:

Can anyone explain how I fit the mirror to the screen pillar? The fittings are different from what is on there already.

Even SWMBO couldn't figure it out with 'female logic'

mirror.jpg

The obvious thing is that the 2 'things' on the mirror go through the holes in the mount, but they are way too small.

Any ideas?

As I remember the "things" coming off the mirror need cutting/filing down to fit inside the windscreen uprights.  The fixings go through the upright into the "things"

Cheers,

Rich.

And the holes in the casting won't line up with the holes in the plastic so you will need to elongate the holes in the casting.  Just one of those loveable Westfield quirks, I'm afraid.

You will also need to remove the powdercoat from the inside of the mirror receptacle - I tried elbow grease with this and then got fed up so I used a sandpaper 'flap wheel' which worked a treat!

To get the mirror to fit into the upright i had to shave some plastic off the mirror housing, but the fixing holes did line up perfectly with the "things" ;)

I had no problem with the holes lining up but I had to trim down the 'things' so they fit inside the housing. Also Westfield recommended carefully trimming the small lip off the surround so it fits into the housing without having to remove the powder coating.

TED

:D:D

RTFM ???

It's in the manual.

Trim the sticky-out bits on the mirror, and file some of the rim of the mirror too - it's softer than the pillars and if you mess up the power coating on the pillars it'll look pants.

Kev.

RTFM ???

It's in the manual.

I might have resorted to that if I had one  :0

Going to get busy with a hacksaw this afternoon, after having fitted the brakes.

Thanks all for the help  :cool: