So Close

pgh

Well the advice here and from the factory seems to be to just start it, so tonight I'm going to do just that. Wish me luck!

Paul

I started mine without waiting for the oil pressure to come up by spinning it on the starter. Oil pressure came up as soon as

it was running - it's got to be better than spinning it over on the starter with no pressure for ages.  ???

Thanks all.

Well it started first time :) and after ~3 seconds oil pressure shot up to four bar  :D

End result - one happy Westfield builder!

I can't say it's running particularly smoothly (hunting slightly) and blowing a small amount of smoke from the exhaust but I'm not going to even think about that until tomorrow :)

Thanks for all the advice!

Paul

Very satisfying feeling isn't it Paul? I would advise chucking the WF suppled front exhaust clamp away and getting a proper S/S band type. Both the front and rear joints leaked until I used them. The leaks will affect the lambda sensor and the mixture set by the ECU.

Kerry S

Demon tweeks do the Mikalor clamps in stainless steel, about 3/4 of the way through the motorsport catalogue.

HTH

Mark.

Hi Kerry

Where did you get your S/S bands from?

Peter

An exhibitor at Stoneleigh whose name I cannot remember ATM but was based near Tardibigge (Worcester/Birmingham way).

Kerry S

Demon tweeks do the Mikalor clamps in stainless steel, about 3/4 of the way through the motorsport catalogue

But buy them from RS at about 1/2 the price...

;)

Kerry - oh yes, really satisfying after all the hours to have a living breathing engine :)

I'm intending to connect easimap up to the car tonight and get some lambda readings to compare with what others have posted here. I did slap a load of firegum on the exhaust joins, but it's entirely possible that there's a leak. If there is, I'm tempted to leave it for the factory to sort when it goes in for pre-SVA (if I ever get an SVA date that is).

I noticed a small coolant leak from the bottom rad connection too, I tweaked this up very tight with a socket prior to starting, so a little apprehensive about applying much more force to the plastic rad connection, but who cares, the engine works :D

Paul