Clips or Locks?

VX2L16V

Car Builder Solutions do a SVA friendly over centre bonnet catch. Not sure whether you can lock it with a pin though...

***They do look a bit cheesey though Click***

Yep the same as my picture. And they dont look too bad once there on.

Ah I see now  :bangshead:  They do look better in your picture.

Must read more carefully!

Is there a way of captivating them in with a pin?

I must admit I liked the idea of being able to lock the bonnet  for when I park in a public place. ???

Rather large casing though ..

The standard locking turn doobries can be made to work, but the problem is 1) adjustment and 2) seeing that they are fully engaged.

1) may mean some fine fettling and slotted holes - I drilled central 6mm hole on the striker plate that allowed me to position it in the best place before clamping down with the second bolt.

2) with the V8 bonnet, at least you can see down to where the catches are and  sure they are actually lines up and engaed.

Lastly, as a backup, I'm going to fit a central bonnet fastener ( one of those anodised alloy jobs with the large "O" ring)

;)  ;)