Clips or Locks?

VX2L16V

Clips.

Imagine an engine fire and bonnet is locked and you cant get in quickly!

Ask Paul Pocklington who had fire at Olivers Mount. Good job he had clips!

I would add that you can get clips with the facility to put a 'pin' though it to stop them coming loose when you don't want them to, but you can still undo them quickly.

I am using this fastener/pin combo from Protex .  Definitley gives me more piece of mind than the over center catches that came with the car.

protex.jpgpin.jpg

-John

Hi Paul,

In that case I thought you had to have a lock of some sort for SVA - like the WF kits at the moment. I may be wrong though!

Ta

Geoff

:)

Hi Paul,

In that case I thought you had to have a lock of some sort for SVA - like the WF kits at the moment. I may be wrong though!

Ta

Geoff

:)

No, catches (plus covers) were fine, for my SVA at least

sva ok it has to be

???

My car failed SVA on the factory supplied over centre catches, even though I had fitted the so called SVA covers. The tester said the covers were a temporary fixing and in any case he could still feel the edge through them.

Builders supplies do an overcentre catch which has a rubber cover. Mine passed the re test with these fitted.4972.jpeg

Hope this helps

Mark