Westfield XI

JonLotus

Hi,

Interested in the Westfield XI after reading such rave reviews about it in the motoring press.

I was wondering if you could give me more info about what it's like to own, drive, build, maintain etc.

TIA

Jon

www.nicholsoncars.com

There aren't many around of the "new" version. IIRC, only two members here have the new one, and neither is anywhere near complete. There are two other members who have complete (ish) cars although one is now heavily modified and lives in Germany. So you may find current opinion on the new kits a bit thin on the ground. Best bet would be to get yerself to the factory and take a test drive...

How big are they inside compared to say a  bike engined SEIW?

And don't tell me to go to the factory because SWMBO tells me I'm not allowed to go there again... :down:

Really really want the factory to bring back the Westfield "Sport" like (then wscc chairman) Dave Drew had in 1994. virtually an 11 but with pukka factory IRS and ford running gear with wrapround screen....Oh and a CVH Turbo.

T'was niiiiice; and fast too

They're cosy inside but I'd say more room than a wide body. And masses of space under the bonnet - and for that matter the tail.

Thus infinitely more practical than a 7 style car  :wink:

Easier to build, too: no wipers, heater, ECU etc etc...