Next Cambridge Area Meeting

chazpowerslide

Meet at Bella Italia, Newnham Mill Cambridge at 10am for coffee and briefing.

First car away at 11am should be finished at 3pm in time for a meal at the restaurant.

All entrants will need to bring an OS map of Cambridge (I'll let you which one/s when I've done the route) and a tank of gas.

Frist prize will be your meal free.

This is open to surrounding areas as well.

As usual post up interest so I know the numbers to book the table.

Chaz.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chazpowerslide

• ChrisF

• pincher

• CrashBangWallop

I'm interested.  Of course whether the car will be road-worthy is another thing altogether.

"Whether the car will be road-worthy is another thing." :D

Still no exhaust joy and I'm on holiday for a week, next week, so maybe not then either.

Oh well ???

Neil

Me too, just need a passenger who can read a map. Or maybe one that can just read would be good. Ian. :p

I'd love to navigate for someone, but I've got a wedding to go to (fortunately not mine :D )

I will make it to a meet at somepoint I promise, Chaz your efforts are much appreciated :t-up:

Still no exhaust joy and I'm on holiday for a week, next week, so maybe not then either.

whats up with the exhaust Neil?

Hi Mark,

There's a gap :(

I started the engine a couple of weeks ago, only to feel it chuffing rather heavily between my turbo and downpipe.  I've tried it at a couple of different angles and even stufffed it full of exhaust paste in an attempt to seal the gap.

There may be a sweet-spot I haven't found yet but, I've tried four times now and each time the gap is somewhere else on the rim.  Maybe, just shortening and lengthening the downpipe from the silencer would do it but, rather than me hacking away at it, I phoned Steve and he said bring it back and he'd sort it all out.  Engine running to make sure.  I could be asking you again next Saturday morning (27th) ???  Or, indeed, anyone else for that matter.

On a good note... I managed to get my boot-cover to fit tonight :)

"Goodbye Summer, 2005 - Hello Summer, 2006."

I'd be willing to navigate for someone.  Although, having taken part in the Cam7 Treasure Hunt on Wednesday, we came last.  Speed triumphing over accuracy :D:D

hmmm...  My car was/still is the same.  I ended up cutting a circular piece of aluminium sheet that could be bent into shape to act as a gasket in between the turbo and flange on exhaust.

Works well although exhaust bolts need tightening every so often as they work themselves loose.

Got to be worth a try as it could well save you a trip back to Steve's in the short term but more importantly would mean you can get your car on the road!!

:(   I cant make the meet as we are away that weekend for my mums birthday

Me too, just need a passenger who can read a map. Or maybe one that can just read would be good. Ian. :p

Oooo, that's a bit dangerous Pincher  :D

I don't know if my engine will be back in and running. If it is I will be there.

Otherwise I could navigate for someone or just be on hand to make sure that MJ keeps his trousers on  :p

I am canvassing the other OAs to get some more cars along so we can have a good turnout.

I'll speak to Mark J about helping to organise the event in the morning.

Chaz.

I am canvassing the other OAs to get some more cars along so we can have a good turnout.

I'll speak to Mark J about helping to organise the event in the morning.

Chaz.