Llandow Karting Challenge

Mat Jackson

:D Oh joy of joy's

Llandow in the p***ing down rain :p

water slowly making its way down your leg towards your gonad's, up your sleves etc.

Can we make it a bit fairer for us lard a**ses

and run on slicks? :D

:D If everyone is like me they are still trying to get over the experience,

yes it was wet and

yes the pro-carts were on slicks?

I only managed to negotiate the pit’s haipin, twice without spinning???(sorry Morbius AKA Trevor)

Massive under-steer or extremely massive over-steer the choice was Ours.

All the back section was a different type of tarmac and gave plenty of grip, lulling you into a false sense that you were actually in control ?

Then the hairpin brought you back down to earth, making you a passenger on a 1 way kart heading for the pit wall

We just have to do that again it was the best £30 I have spent either with or without my clothes on. :blush:  :blush:

:D If everyone is like me they are still trying to get over the experience,

yes it was wet and

yes the pro-carts were on slicks?

I only managed to negotiate the pit’s haipin, twice without spinning???(sorry Morbius AKA Trevor)

All the back section was a different type of tarmac and gave plenty of grip, lulling you into a false sense that you were actually in control ?

Then the hairpin brought you back down to earth, making you a passenger on a 1 way kart heading for the pit wall

We just have to do that again it was the best £30 I have spent either with or without my clothes on. :blush:  :blush:

:D  :D

Well done Dave! I can only imagine what that corner was like in the damp/wet.....you drift around it in the dry!!!!

I guess you suited the seats better than others Dave.....so got less bruising...???

;)  :)

No problem Dave, I only managed three or four myself by nunney footing around :blush:  I found the best technique was a 180 spin, back it into the pit wall then back on the gas as the tyres rebounded  ;)  ;) only managed that a couple of times though :(

We came fifth, which is respectable, and we probably would have been fourth if I had not been punted off onto the grass TWICE on the final lap  :angry:  :angry:

Either way around, I am up for another bash.  It is far better fun than the indoor track here in Newport.

:( Chris

There should be a Law against you people!

Mocking a member the calorific-ally challenged section of the community like whot I am :blush:

(It was a total coincidence that I escaped un-bruised must be down to the quality of my driving? Relaxed and always in control??)

Speedy John doing a reverse flip into the pits then changing Karts was very amusing, the marshal was stunned !!!

cant wait for next time. :love:

:( Chris

There should be a Law against you people!

Mocking a member the calorific-ally challenged section of the community like whot I am :blush:

(It was a total coincidence that I escaped un-bruised must be down to the quality of my driving? Relaxed and always in control??)

Speedy John doing a reverse flip into the pits then changing Karts was very amusing, the marshal was stunned !!!

cant wait for next time. :love:

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, what a GREAT event that was and i was shocked that me and mat won with 71 laps. i thought i messed it up for me and mat because at the start i had an engine out and lost so many laps. but anyway it was great and i would love to do it again.my dad was there taking photos but with the low light and the rain all over the lense of the camera not many pics came out.mat ill have to sent you the pics so you can put them in the next westfield world.

i had a few moments and 1 of them was me spining into the pits and before the kart had stopped i had jumped out and was running to get into the next kart and get going and again without lossing much time. :D

as dave said the newer section of the track was totally different to drive you could take quite alot of speed into the corners and wouldnt spin.when it started to get dark and the rain got bit heavier it was hard to see.after a lil while on track your visor it totally useless cos of all the water on it and wiping it with your had makes no difference.im not sure if many peeps saw my overalls, i had taped my name on my back so then others could see who they was racing but no1 did cos we had those wet weather overalls on.

chris bin why wasnt you at the event?