Garage Repairs Needed

Carlos2005

Hi,

I hope someone can point me in the right direction,

I'm not mechanically skilled at all, I don't have a big garage to do any work in.

Basically I need a garage to repair my Westfield, I have been told the problem is most likely a broken piston ring, as My Xflow engine is smoking badly out of the breather.

As I'm hopeless with cars I need a garage to do the work, or someone maybe a member who could sort it for me, obviously I'm willing to pay the price.

Can anyone help, or point me to a good garage.

Ps Im based in the West Midlands, Coventry, not far away from stoneleigh, where the kit car show is held.

Please don't tell me how to fix it as to someone with no mechanical skill it won't help.

Kind Regards

Carl.

Lots of engine reconditioners in the midlands, but try Fariday enginering or procomp. (both numbers is on the links page of this site).

Either way i would expect that they would prefer the engine only, and not the car.

Midlands = Ferriday Engineering or ProComp  :D  :D  :D Both companies have been used by quite a few WSCC members  :D

Older engine designs like the Xflow and Pinto do tend to "breath" a bit out of the braethers, this is normal.

If you have broken a piston ring you will probhably have a somkey exhaust and low compression on that cylinder too.

Is it burning oil?

Easy way to check is to pull the plugs out, if one is oily black (tar looking deposites on the electrodes/insulator) it's a faie bet that it's burning oil in that cylinder.

This could be valve guides too.

I'd try to get a good diagnosis first before you pay to pull the motor out to get the rings done.

Chaz.

Thanks for the Advice people.

I will probably give them a ring and have a chat as it's been off the road for to long now, and I'm desperate to get it back out there.