New to the scene

billywizz

Well I have finally decided to part with my Impreza estate and invest in a Westfield for a few years before the wife and I start a family.

I have around £11K once my car has gone to spend, but would like to spend around £10K.

Off to the factory the weekend to have a look around and get a real insight into the cars.

Now the wife has another car which we use so this will be for weekends, the occational trip into work and a new hobby.

Was also thinking about going touring as well so would like to know if you can get luggage racks ect.

What model would you suggest I go for? I am used to high powered cars as I have owend them since 17 (now 26) so power does not scare me, just drive within my abalities.

Would like to get involved in the odd track day as well!!!!

Cheers Phil

For 10k, you should get a pretty nicely specced, relatively new 16V engined car. Take a look at those in the 'For Sale' section at the moment, there are a few good ones in there I think.

That'll get you something in the area of 160 BHP probably, which equates to around 250 BHP / Tonne (assuming a car weighing around 600 kilos).

Best bet is to get along to your local area meet and see what cars are around. I'm sure people will be more than happy to give you a passenger ride in their pride and joy.

A guy on here (Paul Ash) makes a luggage rack that attaches to the rear roll bar. He sells them for around 100 quid I think.

Pretty much any Westfield will be ideal for track days too. I'd recommend starting off on airfields for a couple of times (less to hit if the worst happens) and gradually wean yourself onto the harder stuff :)

Welcome aboard!

Andy

Are you looking to buy a complete car or build yourself. £10-11K will get you a nice car, check out the f"for sale" section on this website. You should easily get a high spec 16valve or even a v8 for your budget. welcome aboard

Well as I have just moved all my time is spent on the house, so was looking for a complete build with a high build quality.

hello billywizz, im billywhizz too :):)

fortunately i dont use this log in very often ;);) so nobody will get too confused

happy hunting - 10k should get you a really nice car.  build quality is everything.  ive done a lot of touring in my car and you cannot beat it.

where in the world are you?

Billywhizz (the original :) aka ....

The sunny city of Wolverhampton

now we know you're a troll  :D

welcome. and good luck with your search. have a look at ebay too, there's usually a few cars on there.  oh and surely someone will be along to tell you to join the WSCC soon (you need to be a member to post in For Sale).  you have a decent budget so should be able to get a nice Scooby-killer for that  :t-up:

PS you know a bike engine makes sense... :devil:

moomin

Welcome, let the good times begin !

As others have said, check out the "for sale" section and visit some meets.

I know of a lovely red widebody car with plenty of BHP for your money, just been rebuilt to high standard and an excellent 2.0ltr VX engine (which will kill a Sccoby)

PM Rob Navin or myself for details ;)

The sunny city of Wolverhampton

a Dingle  :D  :D  :D  :D   cue Mr Willis  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Dingle???????????????? Not me..............................

Anyway, back to motors, off to the factory on Sat to have a look around, might go the whole hog and get a factory built new one yet, that is if her in doors lets me spend it on the motor rather than the house!!!!!!!!:p

Dingle???????????????? Not me..............................

Anyway, back to motors, off to the factory on Sat to have a look around, might go the whole hog and get a factory built new one yet, that is if her in doors lets me spend it on the motor rather than the house!!!!!!!!:p

Some Nice cars about at the moment for very reasonable money.

Stick to your Budget, Get a Nice Ready built Westy, and have some money left over to buy something nice for the House to keep the other half happy  :t-up:

Then you can go Blatting in the Westy  :cool:

Overheard somewhere near wolverhampton..............

brickie-- can you deliver all those bricks and some mortar dye ?

merchant --- No ,I can deliver all  those now and some more tommorrow

:D:p