Bleeding AP Calipers

nikpro

Probably going to get shouted at on this one but I've done a search and can't find the answere!

I have the Westfield AP Racing front callipers and they have two bleed nipples; one on the inside top and one on the outside top.

Which do I bleed first - furthest away from master cylinder, or buy a 'T' piece and bleed both at same time?

Thanks.

Good question, not sure what the correct answer is, but on my Cat 4 pots, I bled the inside's first then the outside's.

Andy at CAt told me outside first then inside

Not much air comes out of the inside doing that way.

But i guess both together would be the ideal as is in volvo manuals (my mates have 3 )

Handy to know for the future, guess it probably just took longer doing it the way round I did.  :(

Bleed mine n/s rear o/s rear n/s front inner then outer then o/s fron inner then outer had no problems.

Barry

IMO if you're bleeding an empty system it would make sense to bleed the inner section first as the fluid comes into here before going through the pipe underneath to the outer side. If your just bleeding fresh fluid it's probably less important.

Bleed each calliper separately, the furthest from the master cylinder first, to start with bleed both nipples together, then lock off the outer one and bleed the inner and then bleed the outer, repeat for the other calliper....

hope this helps, quote from my brother

:)