Tyres Rubbing on the Trailing Arms

johnsubaru

Hello

Can anyone help??? I have just fitted the rear wheels for the first time on my SE Racer (Whole kit supplied by Westfield to enter the Westfield Championship) and noticed that the tyres are rubbing on the trailing arms ??? . The wheels are Minispeed not sure whether the offset is wrong or not but they were supplied as part of the kit.

Thanks

John

Assuming everything was assembled correctly, sounds like an offset problem to me...

Have you fitted the arches yet? How do the wheels / tyres sit in relation to them? ???

Andy

Hi Andy

Thanks for the reply, The wheels seem to sit fine in the arches and i'm pretty sure everything is assembled correctly. You can't really go wrong with the installation of the trailing arms. Like yourself i wondered whether it was an offset problem but sort of ruled it out with everything being supplied by Westfield.

Thanks

John

If they sit Ok in relation to the arches, then it does sound odd...do you have particularly wide wheels / tyres or something? What diameter are the wheels?

Andy

Nothing excessive in terms of diameter or width there then...

How about some photos?

Andy

Hi andy

Thanks for your help mate, I didn't realise i had different size tyres fron and rear  :durr:  :bangshead: The 2 i tried to fit at the rear where 220's when they should have been 185's.

Cheers

John

So you're putting 220s on the front? ???

Andy

Sorry their not 220's their 215's. Not that there is a lot of difference!!!!

What's your thinking behind your comments???? It is what Westfield supplied with the kit.

Cheers

John

Generally, wide tyres go on the rear...

Andy

COuld you fix the issue by using some spacers at the rear? I would have thought 215 tyres would need slightly wider than 7" rims. Are all 4 wheels the same offset? BTW - the wider tyres should go at the rear.

John

Hi guys

I agree with all of your comments as i also thought that the wider tyres would go at the rear. The wheels are all the same offset from what i can tell.

I wouldn't be able to fit spacers at the rear as this would be against the rules for the Westfield Sportscar Championship.

Thanks

John

Geofff is in the same situation as you (building a car for the race series). I wonder if he has any input? Geoff?

Andy

How about ringing Westfield as they supplied the wheels and tyres with the kit. Yes the wider tyres will be fitted at the rear of the car.