Rear mounting brackets

RobC

With the build moving on and looking really good I need a little help.

Can anyone give me some help with the best way to space the rear mounting brackets out... so that the wheel arches (detachable) fit nicely around the wheel?

Need to drop the rear end about half an inch?

I could do a fantastic bodge myself but thought that I would ask before I do anything drastic :)

Cheers for any help

Rob

;)

Try Steppenwolfs build site for tips on fitting the body (or anything else Westfield).  

I was looking at spacing the rear downwards to get a better appearance round the wheel but was advised by Westfield not to  as I was fitting wet weather gear and the body would be too low resulting in the hood not stretching down to the rear fasteners.

TED

:)  :)

Just done this on my build,

I have plenty of off cuts of steel box around, so shout if you need a couple of pieces, I added a further piece of box section to the existing rear mount adding 20mm and making a much wider surface for the FG to rivet to,

40 x 20 x 110 mm 1.5 erw box section 2 off. Welded onto existing mount.

Failing that if welder not available its easily boltable.

let me know if you want some pics.

Arches look much better this way as jacking the body up 20mm to the mounting point was putting the tops of the arches under extreme pressure, which IMHO is never good, and also made the wheels look awfull in the arches.

Another word of caution if you are using key style bonnett locks from WF. in the pack is a paper template. having used it it, it places the locks to high and you end up packing the recieving brackets on the chassis up 8mm to gain proper position so that they work  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

Bonnet locks ! Aarrgh!! A serious pain in the :arse: !

I ended up putting rivnuts in the chassis so I could slot and adjust the catches easily. One side was bang on. The other.... :(

Anyway, I digress....

I remember you saying something about this at the weekend, should have just mailed you direct. Cheers

Bolt on is easiest for me.

Pics would be great if not too much trouble. I'll PM you me email address.

Cheers Paul

Rob

I had the same problem with the bonner locks and did the same as waynem and now they are purfect fit.

passenger side was the bad one

Dave