Raceline Zetec Altenator mount

waynem

Anybody got any pictures of this installed ?

I have the alternator mounting kit, but the altenator I have (also supplied by Raceline) doesn't seem to fit. The holes in the lower mount which the alternator pivots on seem way to big for the dowel in the altenator.. I don't know if I'm missing some bits,or if the altenator is wrong....

Before I hassle Raceline, has anyone used this kit and have any piccies available ? :t-up:

BTW, Blacktop (Focus) Zetec, altenator mounted below TB's..

Ta,

Wayne M

Hi Wayne, been there as well. I used the standard WF altenator with Raceline bracket, be sure that the bracket fits directly on thengine block, this will allow the bracket to slide / tension correctly. A quick question have you removed the focus mount bracket / cover ?

Yeah, the focus mount has been flung to some dark corner of the garage..

The cam cover is off as I have a waterpump Idler pulley fitted. It looks as though I need to fettle the brackets for the cam cover as they foul the altenator mounts..

I'll have to do a comparison of a WF altenator to the one I have..

Also, I am now convinced the altenator I have isn't right. It had a single groove pulley, so I got the focus Poly-V pulley thinking I could whip one off and put the other on. No such luck. The original pulley is keyed and the new pulley will need serious fiddling to tighten the pulley and get it spaced correctly.. :(