Controured dash

daz_g

It appears that i'm going to have to cut the top return edge of scuttle for clearance on speedo and rev dials - has anyone else had to do this ?

I've done a search and couldn't find anything so just wanted to check before i start to cut it.

Yes you have to cut it out you will probably have to do it in the middle as well and also for the handbrake warning light.

Barry

:bangshead:

Gutted did some thing similar on my old car.

Use a Dremel or similar!

I had to cut the scuttle return to fit the Bright6 dash lights. I needed a rectangular portion removed but was worried that the corners might develop into cracks, so I made sure the hole had rounded corners. I cut it fairly close to the top of the scuttle, and so far it's been OK.

Don't forget a mask and a vaccuum cleaner is helpful to suck up the dust while you're working.

Kev.

I'll be doing exactly the same job tomorrow.I'm just glad I saw this as its given me fore warning. It would have p******** me off big style if i'd have come a cross the problem on the day!

I'm also fitting me RAC roll bar which has been sitting in my garage since Croft April 2004!

I'll be doing exactly the same job tomorrow.I'm just glad I saw this as its given me fore warning. It would have p******** me off big style if i'd have come a cross the problem on the day!

You should also make sure any new fiberglass parts are fully protected  from the polyester mite .

Once infected , a real pain to get rid of !

prevention is always better than cure    :t-up: