Detachable rear wheel arches

Tucka

I've recently fitted the rear wheel arches and the rear light clusters.  I am now trying to fit the rear fog and reverse lights and I have found that the right side rear cluster is around 3/4 of an inch higher than the left cluster.  I have removed the clusters and the arches and have noticed that the indented part of the arch where the cluster sits is slightly higher on the right arch.  Also when the arch was on the car it was not sitting in the same place as the left arch with no room to move them to get them fitting exactly the same on both sides.

Has anyone else had this problem?  I don't mind if the one light is slightly higher than the other but at the moment its too noticable.

Thanks

They are all like that.

Suggest that you look at some photos of others to ensure  that yours isn't extraordinary, but I doubt it.

You just have to put up with (or enjoy) the fact that Westfields aren't very symmetrical.

Cheers, I Had a thought that if I took them back I'd just end up with another pair the same.  I can move the right cluster down slightly, hopefully this should make it look less obvious.

Thanks

Sorry to disagree, but all the ones I've seen - my own included were n,t noticeably uneven.

John

Edited to add mine as the carbon effect light units on in case it makes a difference. ???

Sorry to disagree, but all the ones I've seen - my own included were n,t noticeably uneven.

John

Edited to add mine as the carbon effect light units on in case it makes a difference. ???

You weren't looking hard enough then  :D

They really are all like that, whether the car is narrow bodied, wide bodied, fixed arch, or detachable...

Hi yes the rear lights on the detachable arches are far from symetrical. A lot more so than the standard arches. In fact the right hand light cluster isnt vertical. Suprisingly it still gets thru SVA! Looks like those round lights may be a good idea

Looks like those round lights may be a good idea

Not really, it's a trade off with those as well. If you lower the fitting you see more of the flat bit which IMHO is even more noticable :suspect:

Just one of those things that we all love about em :love:

Its one of them things where you have to measure them and then adjust them according to how they look when you stand back from the car! Anyone who thinks a Westfield is symmetrical must keep far too much stella in the garage :D:D

Its one of them things where you have to measure them and then adjust them according to how they look when you stand back from the car! Anyone who thinks a Westfield is symmetrical must keep far too much stella in the garage :D:D

Strange you should mention that I do have a fridge in the garage, with less stella in it now than the start of the build.  :devil:  :devil:  :D  :D  :D  :D

John