HELP

JEM

I know I am going to get slated for asking but I have done the searches and have totally baffled myself. What offset do I need for 15x7. Currently running 16'' ET 32 with 30mm spacer on rear, tyre rubs inner arch without spacer. I thought I needed ET 5, but westfield stores reckon ET 0. Halfords reckon ET 38 ( which I totally disagree for 1996 seiw ) Westfield tech. reckon ET 18 is the lowest they fitted allround for a car of this year. Thought I had sorted but getting further confused.

Please please someone help :(  :(

Sorry Jem, don't know, but you might have more luck if you refer to wheel offset in your post title......try another posting p'raps...

:)

ET32 with a 30mm spacer = ET2. If you have 3mm of inner clearance then ET5 wil be fine. If you need to keep the inner clearance, ET0 means 2mm closer to the outer arch. Should be easy enough to measure...

ET32 with a 30mm spacer = ET2. If you have 3mm of inner clearance then ET5 wil be fine. If you need to keep the inner clearance, ET0 means 2mm closer to the outer arch. Should be easy enough to measure...

I totally agree, I think I need between 0 and 5. so why do westfield suggest ET 18, do I run ET 18 wheel with 15mm spacer. :bangshead:

I think that westfield recomend an offset thats best for the front and will fit the rear if used with a spacer, just a guess  ???  i suppose in an ideal world you would probaly need two diffrent offsets front/and rear but it just isn't practical so maybe you will need to run with spacers in the rear :bangshead:  if so make sure there the hubcentric type.

Danny

I think that westfield recomend an offset thats best for the front and will fit the rear if used with a spacer, just a guess  ???  i suppose in an ideal world you would probaly need two diffrent offsets front/and rear but it just isn't practical so maybe you will need to run with spacers in the rear :bangshead:  if so make sure there the hubcentric type.

Danny

To back those thoughts up, my 98 SEiW with detachable arches runs with a 15mm spacer at the rear, and a 6mm spacer up front. I have no idea what the actual offsets of the wheels are 'cos I've never neasured them, and they ain't stamped anywhere on the wheel, but I suspect they're ET37, measuring 15 x 7 running 195-50 tyres...

Slight hijack, but can anyone recommend somewhere to get such 'small' spacers that have the required support on the spacer for the wheel (the bit that acts like the hub)?

(Sorry if I haven't explained myself very well :down:)

Andy

You mean hub centric spacers. I suggest a search... they've ben discussed recently. To get thin ones, buy thick ones and get them turned down...

It's an 89 chassis, and I've got no idea what offset my wheels are. I have some 13x7" ET5 wheels, but they sit too far inboard.

Andy

I considered it a long time ago (to get more ground clearance). However, higher profile tyres (for the road) has given me more than an inch more clearance.

Andy