• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mark Stanton

• adhawkins

• Crash Override

• Steve L

Nothing from your Bros yet ???

Steve L

Great account of your first track day. I think you did everything right (including the late - hard braking) !

Plenty of rest times, watching out for other traffic, exploring the limits of the car - all good points and showing lots of awareness. I suspect you gained a lot from that day.

Just one last comment-

Since my car is equipped with standard Sierra(?) discs on the front and drums on the rear, I had expected to discover that the car would suffer from brake fade and that brakes would have to be my first real upgrade.

Far from it. If anything faded, it was the driver. And the words of wisdom which I first read in this forum came to mind:

The most important upgrade is to improve the nut behind the wheel.

Probably the cheapest and most effective way to improve lap times. And improve my chances of me and the car coming home in good condition.

Steve

Hi

I noticed on an earlier post that you need a catch tank for a track day?

Is this something they check on the car before you go on the track? or is it for the benefit of the car.

cheers

The benefit is for everyone else. If your engine starts breathing oil, as they may when pushed hard, it's much better to keep it off the track surface, to say nothing of keeping it off your tyres...