Better Seats

detailer

:) Hi, I have a narrow bodied Westfield SE but unfortunately the seats which came with the car are poor (ho headrestraints/move about when driving on track).  :(

Does anybody know of some good seats (with some padding) which would suit my car.  

Many thanks

The Westfield padded race seats are available in a narrow version I think. I've got them in my car and they're pretty comfortable for road use, as well as being supportive on track. There is a tendency for the back of the seat to move around though.

Andy

Westfield do some supportive seats as do Fluke Motorsport and Plays Kool - see links page at www.wscc.co.uk  :D  :D  :D

There is a tendency for the back of the seat to move around though.

You need to fit a seat restraint Mr H  ;)  ;)  ;)  :D

The seats I have in my narrow body are playskool fibreglass ones - they have no trim but make perfect (light) race seats, they were under £100 each - I am pretty certain you can get trim for them.

Have a look at thier website here and have a look at the picture of my car here

Hope that is of some use to you!

Cheers

Jan

Agreed. Westfield narrow race seats will be the best, IMHO...

:) Many thanks for that info.  Just had a look at those seats on playskool tomcat and they look the biz + very reasonable price wise.

They are a bit of a squeeze but you are certainly going nowhere in them - the whole support from thigh to shoulder is excellent!

I would reccomend trimming them if you are driving on the road and for any length of time - as with all solid seats your ar*e tends to go a bit numb after a while!

Mine are fitted straight to the floor, 3 bolts along the front edge - 1 bolt under my backside in the "bucket" part of the seat and a sheet of carbon laminate sculpted to the back of the seat mounting it back to the top of the chassis.

Can you see the image of my car? The link keeps going down I think?!?

Cheers

Jan

Can you see the image of my car? The link keeps going down I think?!?

Cheers

Jan

I get this...

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /44/2/59/39/322725939GStHPe_ph.jpg on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.0.50 Server at image44.webshots.com Port 80

I had the same problem as you, seats with no headrestraints.  I've now got Intatrim Rangers in my narrow bodied car and I'm happy with them.  

Kirk

Likewise, I had the standard Westfield low back seats in a SE.

Changed them this year for a pair of Intatrim Odessey seats.

Top quality and comfortable.

Cost was just over £300 for the pair, this included any colour you like (so long as Intatrim stock it) and contrasting piping.

Buy direct from Intatrim. Europa sell the same seats at £165 + vat each!

Mark

I've fitted some Cobra seats to my Narrow and they look great but as the car is narrow, the bits that stick up on the base of the seat stick into my thighs.  A right pain on long journeys.

I'm thinking of changing to F/Glass bucket seats with some trimming so looking at the Playskool ones at the moment.

Still can't see Tomcat's pics yet, keep getting the "Forbidden ........." :angry:

BTW: How comfy are the Playskool seats as opposed to the Westfield Race Seats?

Tigger