Painting Aluminium Side Panels

Steve20

Original plan was to fit the vinyl covered interior panels but have now decided to go without. However, have already fitted the exterior panels and on hindsight should have had them powder coated first.

Would like to paint them black but want a good finish, thought of spraying with smoothrite but should they be primed first?

Any advice/tips please

Use an etch primer on the ally. Be *very* careful though as they are highly acidic/caustic... or something...

I'd have a look through the Frosts web site to see what they offer in the way of materials for this sort of thing...

If you use hammerite you need the Special Metals primer, a waterbased red coloured paint. Without it, the hammerite will not go on easily. I know as I painted mine, and then wished I'd powder coated.

You live an learn. :D

Wayne M