exhaust  wrap

trickytiker

I think perhaps Mr Blats is trying to establish whether there is an actual reason that you think you need to wrap your exhaust ;)  ;)  ;)  ;) and primarily what use is your car for  ;)  ;)  :D

i think he could of sead that in a more polite manor like you have  fast road use is your answer . my power unit is a 250hp

duratec.  

kevin

(liverpool)

:t-up:

What do you wish to achieve by using exhaust wrap  ???  ???  ???

Read politely to me as well  :down:  :(

i think he could of sead that in a more polite manor like you have  fast road use is your answer . my power unit is a 250hp

duratec.  

kevin

(liverpool)

:t-up:

Fast road use and 250bhp doesn't say if there is a problem that is caused by for instance excess heat, or if you want more bhp, or if it's the looks you are after?

Until we know why you would want it, it is difficult to tell if you need it or not.

I have my header wrapped to reduce under bonnet temps and not melt the GRP. I am also aware of the drawbacks of exhaust wrap, such as decreased lifespan of my header, perhaps overheating and subsequent meltdown etc. If the problem is heat, there are other options. The better way is shielding the things that are heat sensitive rather than reduce the source of the heat. I wrapped mine because it's the path of least resistance to my problem of excess heat.

If you don't have a problem and everything works as it should, I think must of us here would recommend to leave it alone.  :t-up:

Things are almost never obvious when asking questions about modifications that may have effects on the engine power or car hardware that you may not be expecting, hence my opening question. I can't think of a single "modification" that doesn't have an effect or a reaction somewhere else in the car that may not necessarilly have been thought of or understood, as Mike has pointed out above.

As for being rude, I've been called worse :p  Given that your opening post was short and to the point, I figured my opening question could be as well. If it sounds rude, read it differently, with a less angry voice in your head. You'll feel much better for it...

i.e to keep the engine bay cooler. i thought this was obvious

:p

Well, okay. If you're not concerned with lifespan of header or at least aware of the consequences, go ahead, otherwise, I suggest it's better to route cool air to the intake, rather than reduce heat from exhaust. That's my honest opinion - i.e. don't do it unless temporary or as last option when everything else has failed or is too cumbersome.

Things are almost never obvious when asking questions about modifications that may have effects on the engine power or car hardware that you may not be expecting, hence my opening question. I can't think of a single "modification" that doesn't have an effect or a reaction somewhere else in the car that may not necessarilly have been thought of or understood, as Mike has pointed out above.

As for being rude, I've been called worse :p  Given that your opening post was short and to the point, I figured my opening question could be as well. If it sounds rude, read it differently, with a less angry voice in your head. You'll feel much better for it...

You met Mr Newton then ?

:)  :)  :)

You met Mr Newton then ?

:)  :)  :)

No, but I'm familiar with his laws... :D