Where can i get..

Boomy

..some wide but tall/long stone protectors for the rear arches on my pre lit?

I did a search, found some links due to that and also online, but they seem either narrow and tall/long or fat and short!

Yet, i see pics of cars with nice big juciy carbon ones that fill up plenty of the arch.I am hoping to get some big enough to cover the stone chips + lacquer issues and also cover the holes from the old protectors that are the total width of the arch.

So, do people make these themselves or something? I mean can i just get some decent carbon fibre sheeting, cut it, stick it and bang some rivvets in the corners?

Also do many Caterham bits fit pre lits?

As usual, thanks for any advice.

Also do many Caterham bits fit pre lits?

Some stuff does  ;)  ;)  ;)  :D  :devil:  :D

I have a pair of arch protectors for a Cateringvan SV (long story - don't ask). They are not that big though. Let me know if you are interested and I let you have the dimensions.

John.

4464.jpeg

Dimensions are 44.4cm longest side, 36cm shortest side and 24cm wide. That's for the bigger of the 2 in the picture.

The other is 34.5cm longest side, 26cm shortest side and 24cm wide.

John.

I think they are a pair boomy.

One small one (for the zorst side) and one large one for the opposite side?

yep, thats right sorry thought you realised that. Are you still interested?

John.

Oh dear, i really am new to this ;)

Silly question time maybe, but 1) why would you need or want a smaller one on the exhaust side?

2) why do so many cars have them the same size both sides?

And 3) if you flip them over do they look the same, meaning i could actually, if i wanted to, use the bigger one on the exhaust side?

It's typical that i need the biggest one on my passenger side wheel arch (exhaust side for me) : p

Either way i will take them still.What the hell :D

why would you need or want a smaller one on the exhaust side?

'Cos the exhaust does a pretty good job of protecting the wing...

The "nice big juciy carbon ones that fill up plenty of the arch" are for the wide cars only. They won't fit a pre lit...

Right, obvious really i guess thanks!

My exhaust is rather close to the bodywork so i guess that's why i didn't think of that.In fact it's melted a small part of it.Ahh the joys of ownership ;)

So has anyone actually made their own stone chip protectors on here?

You could buy two A3 sheets of self adhesive carbon effect plastic & cut each one to fit your arch, it will go a fair way up your arch then.

I know someone who has done this & it looks fine.

Otherwise give Nick Algar a ring at esp plastics & buy a big sheet of it, then you can have it as big as you want!

HTH,

Mark.