Hose clip v jubilee clip

bhouse

I've read several threads talking about whether SVA will accept jubilee clips for fuel pipes. Some mention is made of hose clips as an alternative. Could someone please explain the difference - and tell me where to buy hose clips...

I've just used jubilee clips as reccomended by Dax.  The proper clips are page 237 in the demon thieves catalogue (issue Hm5)  item no 9.

I'm hoping to finish the CX off tommorow, starting about lunchtime if its not p******** it down, I mentioned it to dom but I'll give you a ring tommrow.

Cheers Hugh - copper grease and gasket goo with the bits in the car.

No DT catalogue I'm afraid but do fuel hose clips use a separate bolt and nut rather than the threaded band on a Jubilee?

Take a look HERE for a piccy.  I have heard of people failing by using normal hose clips, although this would seem to vary from SVA station to SVA station.  Now there's a novelty...

:p

Oh, and you should be able to get 'em from a motor factor/halfords etc, don't feel obliged to use VWP, source of the piccy...

Neil

Thanks Neil. More positive locking action with the separate bolt I imagine. Just to be on the safe saide I think I'll be getting a dew of those.

Brian