Can anyone identify these..

Boomy

Just so i don't appear totaly stupid (not hard really) when i order some new hoses etc does anyone know what radiator this is or what the hoses will come from?

I couldn't see any obvious markings on the rad.The finger points to where the hose connects by the way, well just behind that obviously.I have found out where my small water leak is coming from now.It seems to be the metal hose that sits inbetween the hose that connects to my Vulcan Xflow and the bottom hose that connects to the radiator.You can see a mark on it in the pics below from where it has maybe had a stone hit it or something.I filled it up while holding it over the sink and it does drip that way so that seems the way forward.

So, i need a new one of those and will replace the bottom hose that connects that to the rad aswell while i'm at it as it seems old and a bit shagged.The top one seems fine though.

Radiator.jpg

This is how they run from my Xflow to the rad.The metal part is in the middle.

Hoses1.jpg

On the metal hose it has the numbers 12608 stamped into it and the bottom hose has a sticker saying '2642003 Hose 17614'

Hoses.jpg

I mean, can i just walk into a motorist shop with these in hand and ask them or do i need to get specific with manufacturers as an online search for the numbers didn't give me many results.

The braided hose probably used to be straight and has just aged into that shape.  The rubber one has clearly been cut to fit at one end.

Options:

A. Take them both into a local motor factors and see if they can find anything about the same size - they should have a catalogue that you can look at, and then try them out for size.

B. Go out and buy some new SAMCO silicone hoses (or similar).  You will probably need to get some right angles etc.  

PM me your email address so I can send you some photos if you wish (once home from work)

Thanks.

The braided part of the hose btw seems to be quite new and appears to be that shape from who ever manufactured it but

i agree yes they have no doubt been cut, i was just hoping someone would recognise the numbers as obvious parts : p

In fact the closest thing i can see that looks like them are VW golf hoses, but then i am sure there are loads that look much the same anyway but you can see the shapes in those that you can in mine.In fact it all fits together quite well being the shape it all is, so it seems quite specific if that makes sense rather than hoses just getting old and losing form.

The thing is, i can get away with using the rubber hoses again if i need to anyway, it's the metal part in the middle that is dripping.As i say it has been caught on something or hit by debris at some point and even when not under pressure it drips from an area near the end where the metal case has been split.

I mean is it common to use metal tubing in between hoses, is that also the sort of thing you can just walk into a motorist shop and ask for? That is what i 'really' need to get my poor baby back on the road anyway for now.

Sorry, misunderstood. It is very common to use metal tubing.  You may be able to get it from a motor factor shop, but unlikely.  However they should be able to recommend somewhere.  If not then Merlin Motorsport do it and will post them to you very quickly! They're at Castle Combe circuit if you live in or near to God's country.

No no, my fault for not explaining myself properly!

I was simply thinking of replacing the hoses, or at least the bottom one as it looks rather old now when i found a metal tube.

I slapped the pics up just in case somebody said "ahh yes, thats a polo rad with xxx hoses" but i guess it never quite works like that in the kit car game  :D

Possibly a Ford radiator  :D

It's the Westfield V8 rad...

As Dickie has said, get replacement hose joiners (ally tube) from Merlin. I ordered some last week, and they arrived next day. Excellent service :t-up:

It's the Westfield V8 rad...

As Dickie has said, get replacement hose joiners (ally tube) from Merlin. I ordered some last week, and they arrived next day. Excellent service <!--emo&:t-up:

Ah right, cheers for that.So while running the risk again of sounding stupid, where do you get V8 Westy rads from if i ever need to?

PS my WSCC application is in the post!

does anyone know what radiator this

Yep, The same as mine  :D  :D

Ah right, cheers for that.So while running the risk again of sounding stupid, where do you get V8 Westy rads from if i ever need to?

I suspect the cheapest way to get one is to put a wanted add here as there will be loads of people who have changed them for the much more efficient and much lighter polo rads. :p

or, of course you could just fit the aforementioned polo rad.....

does anyone know what radiator this

Yep, The same as mine  :D  :D

My kind of humour...but have a 'shakes head' anyway ;)

Thanks for the replies, ordered one now from that Westfield link Darrel so ta for that!.I wonder if it will arrive tomorrow as it's 3.40 now...hmm.

Yup, I'd just fit a Polo rad if that rad went U/S. I'll bet the V8 rad ain't cheap, whereas the Polo rad is cheap and very efficient...

Yup, I'd just fit a Polo rad if that rad went U/S. I'll bet the V8 rad ain't cheap, whereas the Polo rad is cheap and very efficient...

I take it there is no real advantage or disadvantage to having a V8 rad on a Xflow lump though?

Polo will be the way forward then probably as and when it's time for mine to be replaced.