Mystery Gauge Connection

pgh

Evening all,

Just been finishing off wiring all of the connections on my loom (running out of jobs before the bodywork arrives). In doing so I've found a connector I can't identify from the manual. The connector block is the same as the other small gauge connections with red/orange and black wires for the illumination. The other wires are as follows:

Green

Yellow/Brown

Black

Any idea what this connector is for? It's not in the manual and I've already identified my water, oil and fuel gauges.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

No idea, but mine is the same. Would be interested to know what it's for though if you do find out. Suspect it may be for an ammeter or voltmeter.

John.

I think if its the same loom that westfield supplied for my zetec, you will find its for an oil temperature gauge( used on the V8 engine installation).

Paul

Did you get a sort of hand drawn wiring loom diagram with your loom? I found this more use than the diagram in the manual. If not I'll bring you a copy when I see you, or I think I have a scanned copy that I sent to jak.

I don't recall any spare connectors on mine but it was a while ago, jak's only recently done his.

Kerry S

Hi all,

I didn't realise that there were standards for car wiring - damn good idea that  :)

KerryS - afraid not, I have the engine loom one but not one for the car.

Looks like I've got my first entry for "dials I might add in the future"!

Thanks all,

Paul