Yet Another Megasquirt Question for Bill

RobC

I am getting all my sensors etc.. together for the big day when I can connect to MS up and hopefully vroom vroom!

But I have been told that I need a Barometric pressure sender? Not heared mention of one of these before. Do I need to buy one of these for the MS.

It's the only thing I am not sure of, and its slightly thrown me...

Can anyone help? Bill?

CHeers

:durr:

Hi Rob,

You dont need a barometric sensor - There is a pressure sensor already on board the MS - If your going to run a speed density map (as is the norm), then you simply use some tubing to connect you vacumn takeoff point(s) on your throttle bodies to this built in sensor.

If your planning on driving up and down mountains, then you may need a second pressure sensor and use MS_EXTRA code to compensate for the constantly changing atmospheric pressure. But normal MS uses its one builtin sensor to measure atmospheric pressure at startup, so for 99.9% of applications a 2nd sensor is not needed - especially in this country.

good luck

Chris

Site needs more work. just been putting it off :) thanks though :D

Ta for the help, chris. Omex told me the same thing this morning.

Cheers

rob

Hi Rob,

You dont need a barometric sensor - There is a pressure sensor already on board the MS - If your going to run a speed density map (as is the norm), then you simply use some tubing to connect you vacumn takeoff point(s) on your throttle bodies to this built in sensor.

If your planning on driving up and down mountains, then you may need a second pressure sensor and use MS_EXTRA code to compensate for the constantly changing atmospheric pressure. But normal MS uses its one builtin sensor to measure atmospheric pressure at startup, so for 99.9% of applications a 2nd sensor is not needed - especially in this country.

good luck

Chris

Although as i understand it (which of course isn't always right) the barometric correction only happens when the MS is reset i.e when the engine is turned off and back on

:t-up:  :t-up:  :)