REAR SUSPENSION

bigdinners

Hi Guy's,

new builder and new to the site, need some help!

rear diff and drive shafts went in last night and I am trying to think ahead.

On the hubs the bushes are adjustable for camber (top) and toe in/out (bottom).

It seems that this will all have to come apart again to set the above when I am complete?

Does anyone have some approx settings I can work to, to get something near?  

CHEERS

Steve

IIRC the manual gave suggested number of threads exposed to form basic setting, get SVA, then get "expert" to sort it!

HTH

Welcome BTW - WSCC membership form in the post is it?

Kerry S

• 2 weeks later...
thanks alot.........yes membership sorted !!!!!

I've only had three hours or so sleep last night so please, don't take my word for it. Set it up before you drive.

But if I do remember the rear toe adjustments needs to be only a couple of threads showing, and the fronts have about 6.

This is all a bit hazy, as I was doing it last night by torchlight but should be that far off, but you will need to adjust them once the build is complete.

Mat.

From what i remember i followed the manuals calcs (so many turns for degrees) i set mine up to 0.5 toe in and 1 degree - camber,  got it checked by a garage and it was spot on so there figures do work

Karl

• 2 weeks later...
thanks alot guy's........will let you know in 3 or 4 years if you were right!

KerryS ...... can i as why you go about you membership drive the way you do , surely this is a free forum where people can exchange advice ,like many other single make forums .

I am not against the wscc or membership but you come across in the wrong way sometimes IMHO.

chill and remember some people have reasons for only wanting to use the forums for advice now and then while they build ???

That's told you Kerry :D

Harv,

What do you think pays for this forum so that you can get advice when you need it ???

Could it be the membership fees by any chance. If you're taking advantage of the wealth of experience on here, it's not unreasonable to expect people to join the club.

I take it that your membership got lost in the post back in December 2003:p

:down:

Harv

Sorry if I have offended, no intention to.  I joined  before I got the car because I knew I was getting a WF, just a matter of when. I have found it to be a helpful, friendly club and I want to encourage others to benefit in a similar way, that's all. At 6.85p a day it ain't bad value

Kerry S :)