Pre Body Fit Checks

SDS

I'm about ready to start fitting some bodywork to my Zetec build but i'm wondering if there are any jobs best done now before any panels are fitted that aren't mentioned in the manual ???

Thanks

No jobs that I can think of, but I put some masking tape under the floor and marked the position of the floor fixing rivets so that I wouldn't drill through them when fixing the body.  

Use the measurements in the manual as a guide and adjust as required to get the best fit.  If you do a search there has been lots discussed about bodywork.

Good luck

TED

:D:D

I temporarily fitted the exhaust then made a  stiff card template with the hole for the exhaust exit hole cut in it,

lined this up with the exhaust and taped it to the chassis.

removed the exhaust but left the card in place

fitted the body with the card still in place then marked out the hole on to the inside of the bodywork once body is fitted  :D

worked a treat :D  :D  :D

Bleed the brakes, it's a lot easier to top up the master cylinder without the bdoy getting in the way.

John.

Edited to had: not possible if putting brake pipes through body. :p