Brakes...

Chasmon

Hi all,

Just a quickie.

How many of you have installed dual circuit brakes, ie on opposite corners?

I have already decided to route my brake lines inside the tunnel not wanting to tempt fate. But it seems slightly odd to me not to have a safer system as standard.

Cheers

C

I assume you mean connecting the LF to the RR, and vice-versa?

On a Westfield, you should connect both fronts to the *rear* port of the master cylinder, and both rears to the front oport of the master cylinder. No reason to worry about the brakes at all...

My understanding was that on a dual circuit system you have two independant cyclinders on one shaft so if one line gets depressurised you maintain pressure to two wheels.

I thought it was FR with RL and FL with RR, but I could be wrong.

I know the standard system is just front and back off one line each but production cars have featured a failsafe for many years.

The 'split' of the circuits can be diagonal, as you describe, or front/rear split. It is exactly the same fail safe as your average production car, they feature either system as well....

OK I was looking for a serious answer, is it worth fitting a cylinder with a dual supply?

I intend to drive my car slightly differently to how I drive my daily car so I would have thought it was more worthwhile...or am I paranoid?

OK I was looking for a serious answer, is it worth fitting a cylinder with a dual supply?

I intend to drive my car slightly differently to how I drive my daily car so I would have thought it was more worthwhile...or am I paranoid?

The internals of a dual circuit master cylinder is effectively two systems. There are even two separate fluid 'compartments' built into the fluid reservoir. If the worst were to happen, the fluid *could completely drain out of one circuit, but it would leave the other side to bring you to a halt, albeit with more pedal travel. A sytem with two master cylinders would behave in exactly the same way if a circuit were to fail too... :t-up:

OK, but that means to ahve this facility I would need something different to the standard tandem brake master, correct? Or does that just split things front and back?