Help me I'm new

grs

I've just bought a westfield SEi narrow bodied car, its an unfinished project and i'm told its a 1988 chassis. The chassis number is SEi 89 740, could this be a 1989 or does the chassis numbering not work like that? They certainly named it correctly when they called it narrow bodied! I can hardly get my backside in it. The car is quite far on in the build but it seems the wiring loom has not been put in, from reading the build manual this should have gone in quite early. Will this cause much of a problem?

Where can I source some decent seats for narrow body?

Apparently the car was started as a hillclimb project but somebody must have been thinking about SVA requirements at some point because indicators have started to get fitted with hazard lights etc..

Looms can be replaced with the car fully built, so they must be able to be fitted as well! You might have to hire a right andled drill to drill holes for fixing clips in tight spots, but that's easy enough. An 89 chassis number normally means an 89 chassis - mine certainly was.

As for seats, I found the Intatrim Ranger high back seat, or the Richmond RX777 with removable head rest to be the only 2 to fit into my 89SE.  I chose the RX777 as I liked to be able to remove the head rest so my old tonneau still fitted!

Someone on here has recently put an old Westfield through SVA - you'll need to ask him how, because they were not made for SVA in those days as it didn't exist.

Dickie

PS Welcome!  Join the club - best £25 you'll ever spend!

I've just done a search for richmond rx777 on google and it returned nothing, where do you buy those seats from?

Also where can I get an aero screen to fit a narrow body?

Anyone know any decent auto electricians in the north east of  england?

Join the club - best £25 you'll ever spend!

Wondered how long that would take !   Good advise though  :t-up:

Plays-kool also do seats to fit a narrow body (i have just fitted one). It depends if you want comfort or just a plain GRP/Carbon seat. They also do aero screens which fit the narrow body car.    PLAYS-KOOL

As for seats, I found the Intatrim Ranger high back seat, or the Richmond RX777 with removable head rest to be the only 2 to fit into my 89SE.

Dickie and Major Stare are both ignoring the excellent race seats that Westfield make for the narrow body. Of all the seats I've tried, and I've tried a few, the Westfield race seats and the Plays Kool "R500 style" seats are easily the best for the narrow cars. The Westfield race seats also come with decent padding such that you'll be looking for fuel long before you get a numb :arse: ...