Rivets!

Chasmon

When using Rivets to attach GRP is it advisable to put washers between the rivet and the gel coat?

Why the hell doesn't a Westfield come with an Ally side panel as standard? Bit of a retorical one that one....

Cheers

Charlie

either use washers or get the large headed rivets and install them very gently too  ;)

There are special rivets used for grp which wont damage the GRP  They work bye splitting into 4 and folding backwards to lock off rather than  sqeezing into a hole under  compression type which can chip and damage the surface and sub strate !

There called Peel Rivets

here

the factory can supply

HTH

as I understand it peel rivets are necessary for fastening something to GRP, an alternative is a washer behind the rivet. Normal (large headed) rivets are used for fastening GRP to something (ie chassis).

Just want to avoid confusion as I got the impression chasmon was fastening his bodywork to the chassis (therefore large headed standard rivets...)

I'm just going on what my car has, is this correct?