• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JEM

• Westy1700

• JeffC

• Pembroke Pat

OZ quality of manufacture/finishing is far better than TD (and TD stuff is better than most out there in the cast market)

I did compare the two wheels together and yes I agree the finish on the OZ looks far superior. Thankyou for all your coments. :) OZ it will be.

Hi Jem

I got 5 OZ superleggeras with 205-50 toyo proxies for £900 but i got an et37 which needs no spacers and sit in the arches nicely. I looked at the TD pro race 1's but i didnt like the quality and finish compred to the OZ's. This seems expensive but i rang round everyone for five and this was the cheapest i could find.

Jack T

Hi Jack

Thanks for your coments, my car is '96 seiw which I thought needed ET 35. Would ET 37 fit aswell ? :)

Thanks for your coments, my car is '96 seiw which I thought needed ET 35. Would ET 37 fit aswell ? :)

Yes, 2mm won't make much difference - they'll be 2mm further in!!  :D

• 2 weeks later...

Right, decided to purchase OZ wheels from Halfords, but now have another problem. ET 35 will only fit on rear with 30mm spacers. If I take spacer away tyre fouls inner arch. If my caclulations are correct I need ET 5 to fit direct onto hub ?

OZ do not go lower than ET25, so do I need a 20mm spacer ?,

if so what about longer studs. Also do I use same offet (ET 25) on front and adjust cycle wings.

Please help  :bangshead:

Jem -  Have just been at the point you are at myself.....Forget Halfords - i spent six weeks trying to get the muppets to find a price - they can't even price up at the weekend !!!

We want 15" Superleggaras and they only make 7" wide - with a 195/50/15 its the cheapest combination but they would not sell me a set for £469 until threatened with Trading standards....one store said a fifth spare wheel was ok at 1/4 the price of the set and another came up with a premium price.

The prices quoted are for pants tyres - if you upgrade to toyo's or Yoko's the upgrade is more than the price of the replacement tyres - so it is worth buying the cheaper ones and scrubbing them off - then buy replacements, but you do end up with crap tyres at first..

When it came to spacers they have not got a clue - no idea about hub centrics and according to Halfords cannot be supplied from OZ. Demon thieves then quoted me £160 for a set of spacers. Halfords in the end gave up and told me to ring motor sports wheels (their supplier) myself - who then told me that they don't supply OZ spacers....

All along i have known EXACTLY what i needed 15 * 7 and overall ET of arount 24 with 205/50/15 tyres. OZ make the Superleggara 15*7 in a ET42 or ET 37 only. Halfords just keep asking what car its going onto - does it make a ****** difference - nosey b'stard....

At this point i gave up with the mindless muppets as i had no confidence in their ability to understand or comprehend the safety aspects of fitting when it comes to aftermarket wheel fitments.

I chose to go to professionals_ who had a sale at the time last week.

MAPS LTD

MOTORSPORT ALLOYS & PERFORMANCE SYSTEMS LIMITED

WWW.MAPSLTD.CO.UK/MAPS

01795 427335

ask for bill and and tell him Greg Butterworth sent you, he will rememeber my order:

5 OZ WHEELS 5 OZ SUPERLEGGERA  7X15 4X108 ET37 25% N/A £105.00 £460.00

1 DELIVERY 1 DELIVERY 60% N/A £25.00 £25.00

1 FITTING KIT 1 FITTING KIT 100% N/A £0.00 £0.00

5 TOYO T1-S 5 205/50/15 TOYO T1-S 35% N/A £35.00 £254.00

1 SPACER KIT 1 21 MM SPACER KIT 50% N/A £25.00 £25.00

You can see i paid £152 a corner so £600 for the set with proper Toyo Proxes, 4 official OZ 21 mm spacers, lock nut set and closed nuts -  delivered the next day wand would you beleive it from MOTOR SPORT WHEELS - halfords supplier.

As far as the spacing goes they fit with the 21 mm spacer at the rear - it is tight on my detachable arch Sei (2004 model) at effective ET16 but i took the view that it is easier to have the 21 mm spacer turned down to get the exact arch filling i wanted.

The spacers come free with this supplier, i really want 15 mm spacers but these are only available on the ET42....ET37's are only supplied with 21 mm spacers but easy to machine down.

Hope this helps you out.

Greg

Thanks Gregg ,the mummet in our local halfords seems to be a little more switched on than yours. He made a call today, thought lowest Et was 16, found out it was 25, but seems to know what he is talking about. I don't want to miss this offer because it is good. If I knew the ET25 would fit I would be happy

:D

If you get 'em from Halfords the tyres will be fitted and you can check them for damage etc before you part with your cash.

actually wrong - you have to pay up front......

If you get 'em from Halfords the tyres will be fitted and you can check them for damage etc before you part with your cash.

actually wrong - you have to pay up front......

I sure you can demand money to be returned or another wheel if damaged don't you think.

Jem

Any idea how much these alloys weigh?  My current wheel and tyre weigh a massive 16.9 kg.  But I would only consider changing my wheels for a significant weight reduction per wheel.