Wheel prices

JEM

Advice on wheel deals. Halfords are offering 15'' OZ superleggeras at £439.99 for set, plus £60.00 extra for Toyo proxes 195 50 15. Is this a good price ?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JEM

• Westy1700

• JeffC

• Pembroke Pat

£60.00 extra for Toyo proxes 195 50 15
is the additional sum for 4 wheels with Toyos fitted i.e. £499.99 for the lot?

If so that sound good to me... :t-up:

£500 sounds like a pretty reasonable deal to me. You may be able to save a few quid by buying the wheels and tyres separately but you'll have to trust a Retard in your local 'Kick Fit' to fit the tyres without damaging the rims. If you get 'em from Halfords the tyres will be fitted and you can check them for damage etc before you part with your cash.

Richard.

make sure you get the spacer kit and bolts included.

sounds good price to me.

£500 sounds like a pretty reasonable deal to me. You may be able to save a few quid by buying the wheels and tyres separately but you'll have to trust a Retard in your local 'Kick Fit' to fit the tyres without damaging the rims. If you get 'em from Halfords the tyres will be fitted and you can check them for damage etc before you part with your cash.

Richard.

Yes I agree its always best to deal locally just incase of problems, and less hassle using couriers if items have to be returned.

Thanks guys for the advice :)  :)

selecta tyre are pretty good at beating other firms..

but just as a guide, i paid just under 600 for 4 15" super t's with 205 50 15 proxes t1s 5 years ago.. so i would say thats a pretty well priced wheel set!

I could be wrong but dont think halfords will be beat on on price, as they are a nationwide company they buy in bulk to get the deals,I  deal with the  company that supply my local Halfrauds OZ wheels and there tyres   and they told me that  they will sell stock at cost or even at a  loss to corner the market.

imho . hankook tyres are very  good, i fit them to the 18" wheel packages i sell..

Hi Jem

I got 5 OZ superleggeras with 205-50 toyo proxies for £900 but i got an et37 which needs no spacers and sit in the arches nicely. I looked at the TD pro race 1's but i didnt like the quality and finish compred to the OZ's. This seems expensive but i rang round everyone for five and this was the cheapest i could find.

Jack T

im fairly sure oz are among the better quality wheel suppliers and im sure they  make a light wheel ??? would stick with ur original choice, i had them on my last westy and they look mint  :)  :)