R500 seats

leighc

After my Coast 2 Coast disaster, I decided to try and fit my R500 style seats, with great difficulty. has anybdy managed to fit them in an SE with the interior panelling and carpet in?? Can get the seat in but no room to put the harness in.

Help/photos anyone? please?

:down:

Might be an obvious question but, have you considered removing the interior panels?  I have R500 style playskool seats in my narrow body and I don't think there is any way that they would fit with the inner panels in place.

Should be lovely seats once you've found a way to get them in though so worth persevering.

Yeah, I think thats the way i'm going to have to go. I need to do a bit of work tho as i dont have exterior panels so you can see the rear wheel if you take them off.

Another job to do :D

There will will a narrow bodied car at Curborough this weekend with a R500 style seat fitted to the drivers side - complete with interior panels, maybe worth a look if you are going? This seat came from MK...

My Plays-Kool R500 seat is fitted to a narrow car with interior panels.

My tillet ones are fitted to a SEi with no inside panels or carpet but I'm pretty sure they would fit with the panels they don't seem to go into the cavity anywhere, can't comment on the carpet though depends if its ******* pile.:cool:

They will definetly fit. The sticking point might be how your lap belts/harnesses are secured. Sometimes the bolts protrude out necessitating Dremmelling off a 1/2" or so of the back corners of the seat. This doesn't affect it's structure at all. They are a royal pain to fit, using seat runners makes it slightly easier and may also alleviate the problem of the harness bolts if you'd prefer.

The R500 seats also have a slightly flexible side (thigh area) meaning they can compress slightly as they go in and then pop out again once they're pass the sill.

Graeme.