SVA,

geofff

Hi All,

Went to Birmingham today. Garrets Green. Friendly SVA tester so no complaints there.

Points of failure were:

Bottom of dash not radiused sufficiently - will temporarily apply wooden dowel to dash. The dowel I had fitted was 16mm not 19mm - DOH! It's a nice (older) Fluke CF one with the right angled bottom hence the dowel quick fix.

Under dash panel needs covering to hide "non" car manufacturer padding (pipe lagging)  :)  Anybody got any they can sell me? Or do I contact Woolies?  ???

Self centering - I'm wacking on the camber and toe in until it rips my hands off - will try it out at Tesco's until arms can't take it anymore

Interior mirror doesn't show enough of the ground behind vehicle. Lift mounting somehow - must make sure it's radiused correctly when I do this.

Illuminate speedo (Sigma) - illumination 'across' speedo at the moment - I'll just angle it in.

Forgot engine age letter from Ford.

DDDDDOOOOOOHHHHHH!  :arse:   :arse:   :arse:   :arse:  

Passed emissions & noise with ease  -  the things I was worried about.  That's with the old WF exhaust as well - 96db! Didn't have time to fit my nice repackable one from 907 (Or is it 709  ???   )

Final point - I need proof of the max reading the Sigma speedo can produce - obviously max number of pulses times your input wheel circumference. I've looked in the manual - nothing there. Anybody been able to get a letter from Sigma?  ???  I'll do a search in a moment but has anybody solved this problem another way?  ???

Altogether I'm happy. I now have another list of work that I will get to the end of and hopefully the car should be SVA'd again within a few weeks  :D  Then conversion starts!

Ta

Geoff

:)

Okay,

Just spent the last hour searching the board - many comments to the effect that the Sigma's read up to 163 / 185 mph - take your pick. But no comment to this fact on the sigma website that I can see.

Anybody have any documentary proof or a link to a website?

I'll ring / email Sigma tomorrow morning otherwise.

Worst case scenario it's a new speedo :(

Ta

Geoff

:)

• 4 weeks later...