She's legal at last.. passed SVA first time!!

Greenstreak-Andy D

Passed SVA yesterday, first pass, only a couple of minor items which needed correcting…

VDO water temp and oil pressure gauges failed the 2.5mm radius test. The fuel guage was in the exclusion zone so ok. Fitted some edging strip, enough to satisfy inspector. Later Wesfield supplied dash panels have a recess for the gauges, mine was bought in 2001 so was just flat

Self adhesive pad to hold wiring harness was not liked, the inspector was happy with araldite to bond to aluminium panel….i took some PU Silkaflex but was found to be solid, passed its sell by! The inspector pointed out where I could get some Araldite which was walking distance from test centre.

Noise was pretty close to failing, but passed…Westfield std silencer with cheese grater non-packable type.

Inspector was first class, very fair

The bonus was getting an ‘05’ plate from DVLA, who were happy with reconditioned parts not new! I mentioned emissions for later mot tests and the DVLA said it would have to comply with the donor engine (I had the donor cars V5)

Still have a silly grin all over my face! Even the weather was stunning!

Thanks to all you guys for all the advice you have given me

:D  :D

Well done  :t-up:

it just goes to show it can be done without too much trouble  :D  even the registration bit

Well done, feels great doesn't it!  :D

Everyone that has been with me for a quick blat has been well impressed, one is now thinking of selling his bike and moving over into a Westie!! Keep the sun shining..fingers x'd

congratulations,and thanks for helping with the diff change.we got it finished later on and the new ratio is much better,FECK ME !!!!