Zetec Engine Mounts

Mike Lloyd

A couple of quick questions, the build is progressing well now. Panels on Brake lines, Fuel Lines and wiring loom in.  Looking in to the not too distant future the engine / box will be going in:)

Can anyone recommend any engine mounts for a Zetec installation?

Are there any alternatives to the MT75 gearbox mounts as supplied by Westfield?

Thanks

Mike

Will put a note in parts wanted but if anyone has got a spare flywheel position sensor please let me know

If i were doing mine again i would use the slightly harder and higher mounts that procomp sell, in fact will probably change mine to these just now anyway!

Purchase the extended ones from Procomp. To get the ride height correct the engine will need to be located higher in the chassis than allowed with the standard mounts, to allow the chassis to be lowered adequately, otherwise the sump will drag on the floor. You will probably find the hoop will need to be altered also. Do check the under bonnet clearance for the cam pulley covers and the oil filler cap with the larger mounts.

The mounts chosen should also be constructed from the harder rubber.

HTH   Matt :D