Diff seized on the way to SVA

avsum

hehehe just to introduce Gasper (Gary) to you all, he is the hero who found my engine on ebay and then rebuilt it for me, which now runs a treat. I would 110% recommend his services to anyone needing some engine work.

he's also a hero coz he came to my aid roadside this morning at 7.15am, and managed to tell me there was no oil in the diff without laughing.

and just a little more info on his avatar shot, he was instructing for the bike club he is the 'daddy' of, on a recent track day, thinking "these tyres give great grip in the weeeeeeeeeet..."

Don't you mean Gary's missus? She did after all grind the valves back in  :D  :D  :D while he did the ironing!

You sorted with Martin's old diff then Jay?

Cheers,

Mark.

yeah it's looking that way. been getting a bit geeky with gear ratio calculators, and a great bit of shareware for comparing car performance, and I actually reckon I would prefer a 3.62 diff. I've never wanted a top speed cruiser and am quite happy to be changing gears alot, so it suits me better. and I get LSD as well!

by the way - to avoid upsetting Gary - his missus did only do one cylinder, he did the rest. Sounds like the sort of missus we all dream of, when we had the engine fired for the first time she phoned up and wanted to hear it running!

by the way - to avoid upsetting Gary - his missus did only do one cylinder, he did the rest. Sounds like the sort of missus we all dream of, when we had the engine fired for the first time she phoned up and wanted to hear it running!

I know I was only joking, from the description you gave me of the engine when you bought it, he's done a cracking job  :t-up:  :t-up:  :)

Now this time don't forget to put some oil in *before* you drive it eh............

See you soon,

Mark.

by the way - to avoid upsetting Gary - his missus did only do one cylinder

To be fair, she also spent about 2 hours covering the thing in Gunk and attacking it with a toothbrush so it was clean enough for me to bring it into the kitchen.

Bless her, she's outside pulling a pair of brake calipers of a spare pair of Bike forks as I type this....

Probably best we don't tell them about the "Gaz, it's not running again" phone call after you'd relocated the coils then eh ? :D

Anyway, I'd best build myself a road bike so we can head off up the Cat and Fiddle and you can show me what all the fuss is about with these 4 wheeled thingys.

gasper , if you have been looking after jason for this long without the need for councilling you can become an honourary member of the cheshire club :D  :D

we have entertainment in abundance  :D .i hope you do build a road bike because i would love to see a REAL quickun' on the roads up to the cat and fiddle.

I have a non lsd 3.63 diff done 7k miles you can have it for free if any good.

Barry

No problem. Just let me know when "we" need to come round....as long as you promise not to touch anything mechanical.....

Did you talk to TTS about the nice big bore kits or Turbo kits they do ?

Just secured myself the loan of a nice ZX6 for the rest of the summer while I do some tuning work on it for a mate. We'll have to schedule a Cat and Fiddle run out so you can show me how fast them wheeled bath tubs are ;)