D-Day has arrived

nikpro

Although I would like to take credit for all that work this was the modular build and the factory do all the panneling and brake lines.

I do have an affection for V8's but didn't fancy one in the Westie; had a 427ci side oiler in the Cobra and loved everything about it!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nikpro

• Barry Ashcroft

• Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

• Stevo

Did you pay extra for the side ally panels as I have just started on my starter kit and I understand I have to buy them if I want them.

Think I'll make my own!

Charlie

If you spot any obvious mistakes please let me know!!

Not a mistake as such but something I wished I'd done was to put the upper rear wishbone bolts (the ones nearest the petrol tank) in the other way around. This way if you need to remove the wishbone when the tank is fixed it is not a problem.

Stevo

The side alloy panels are included in the module build so these did not cost extra.

With regards to the rear wishbone bolts I questioned this with Westfield as I thought exactly the same but they said that this way round it gives more clearance on the tank should it move and also it will not be as likely to be punctured in a rear end collision as the tank will contact the chasis before the bolt head; makes sense when you think about it.

With regards to the rear wishbone bolts I questioned this with Westfield as I thought exactly the same but they said that this way round it gives more clearance on the tank should it move and also it will not be as likely to be punctured in a rear end collision as the tank will contact the chasis before the bolt head; makes sense when you think about it.

fair comment, I thought Westfield hadn't thought about it!

• 4 weeks later...

Don't it all look nice and shiny when it's new :D  :down:

Do the factory cut out the slots in the rear panel for seat belts as a matter of course now? Kind of a pointless hole to have to cover up if you fit harnesses as most people do

Do the factory cut out the slots in the rear panel for seat belts as a matter of course now? Kind of a pointless hole to have to cover up if you fit harnesses as most people do

They did on mine, but then it'll all be automated at whoever they sub it out to & the company probably won't want to do one off's.

Did seem kind of stupid at the time though, I've got holes for belts in the rear panel, but no turrets to bolt them to on the chassis. Doh.

Coooh! I remember it all so well! Envious of that engine :(

Kerry S

Coooh! I remember it all so well! Envious of that engine :(

Kerry S

Kerry, just console yourself that yours is quicker than his at the moment  :D  :D

John

Car tucked up in the garage with it's cover on for a couple of weeks now - had a good run to Mallory today to see what a track day is like. Worrying number of bent Westys :down:

Kerry S