Painting the Cylinder Head Cover

johnsubaru

Hello again

Can you guys tell me what paint is the best to use to paint the Rocker Cover (Zetec)??? I can't remember where but i saw one painted yellow and it looked the dogs danglies and as my car is yellow.........

Thanks

John

My VX cam cover was done in yellow up at Triple S and they did a really good job with it, I've been very pleased.

4257.jpeg

Going to have mine powder coated too. Black I think and have the spark cover done yellow :cool:

Two Coats of Etching primer, Two coats of Primer, 4 Coats of Plasticote Red paint  (ok up to 150 Deg' )

Would agree though that Powder coat is the way to go...

4259.jpeg

I tried Hammerite, so yes I'd reccomend Powder Coating :D

So did I, despite stripping the cover back to bare metal, keying, priming etc. it just didn't seem to work.

Thanks for the response guys,

Had a look at the Triple S website, can't believe how cheap it is to get something powder coated £12 plus p&p. It would cost me that much for the paint alone!!!

Powder coat it is then :love:

Thanks

John

Yup. Powdercoating is normally *really* good value for money. I don't know why anyone paints anything metal themselves on a Westfield. Well, with the possible exception of the engine at any rate...